You're an Extroverted Storyteller
You’re great at telling powerful stories and connecting with others.
You lucky lady! What many people shy away from, you embrace. You’re no stranger to the spotlight, and being on stage or in a crowd feels like second nature to you.
Your superpower is that you are really great at telling powerful stories – whether they’re about you or the clients you serve.
Your big challenge? Because you get energy from being with other people, when they’re not available, you feel more alone. And there’s a bigger pressure to perform when you’re an extrovert.
As for your marketing, it’s not about trying every single strategy (thank goodness!), it’s about finding what feels most aligned to your personality and strengths, and doing more of that.
Keep reading for your customized plan
to help you grow your business:
1. Figure out a way to share your story more. Whether that’s by being a guest on a podcast or being interviewed for other media, you want to find ways to talk about your business and your client’s success stories. Talking to others comes naturally to you, and you feel comfortable doing it, so use that to your advantage. You can even start your own podcast, since you’re a natural people person and know what questions to ask people so they also tell good stories.
Mindset tip: At first, you may feel a bit reluctant to tell your story because you don’t feel like it’s that unique. But the more you do it, the more you’ll realize that sharing your story serves others by inspiring them and showing them what is possible for them. It also helps you build “know, like and trust” factor quickly.
2. Go LIVE on social media. While most people would be way too scared to do this, you embrace it. Go live on Facebook or Instagram and share your story, or give your audience a few tips on a topic related to your business. Or maybe shoot a few videos that you can share instead.
Mindset tip: It’s possible that even as an extrovert, you might not want to be on camera. But know that once you get started, it will become easier.
3. Develop partnerships or speak at an event. Because you’re a natural storyteller, you’re also probably pretty great at talking to others. So think about ways to work with other business owners to get in front of a bigger audience. Maybe pitch them a topic you can teach their following. It’s a win/win – they get a speaker, you get more exposure. Make sure people have a way of contacting you at the end of your presentation.
Mindset tip: Even as an extrovert, it’s possible that you don’t have a lot of speaking experience. To make it easier, start small and work your way up to larger audiences. And pick a topic you really know well so that you feel confident. And try to take the focus off of you–the more you make it your mission to serve others and teach them something you know, the less you’ll be worried about the way you come across.
Hi, I'm Agatha Brewer!
I’m a business coach who works with new entrepreneurs to help them get the clarity and confidence to launch and grow their businesses.
I combine over 15 years of corporate marketing experience and my coach training (Whole Person Certified Coach®) to help new business owners move their ideas out of their heads and into reality––getting them clarity around what they want to create, defining their overall vision, helping them set the right strategic foundations (marketing plan) and unraveling any mindset blocks that are standing in their way.
Looking for some ways to grow your biz?
1. Check out The Intentional Solopreneur podcast. I interview both up-and-coming and successful service-based business owners and I’m all about providing you with actionable tips you can implement in your business right away.
2. Hop on a free 30 minute call with me! If you’re ready to grow your business, schedule a quick call with me. We’ll talk about what you’re trying to create in your business and I’ll let you know which program is the best fit for you.
3. Are you looking to jump-start your business? Read more about my 1:1 coaching program for new entrepreneurs. It’s designed to help you set the right strategic and mindset foundations to help you launch or grow your business.