You're an Extroverted Teacher
You’re great at teaching and educating others.
You lucky lady! What many people shy away from, you embrace. You’re no stranger to the spotlight, and being on stage or in a crowd feels like second nature to you.
Your superpower is that you are really great at teaching and educating others – breaking down complex topics into smaller pieces and helping others understand the steps they need to solve their problem.
Your big challenge? Because you get energy from being with other people, when they’re not available, you feel more alone. And there’s a bigger pressure to perform when you’re an extrovert.
As for your marketing, it’s not about trying every single strategy (thank goodness!), it’s about finding what feels most aligned to your personality and strengths, and doing more of that.
Keep reading for your customized plan
to help you grow your business:
1. Teach a workshop or create an online course. Since you’re a natural teacher, it makes sense for you to package up your knowledge and make it easily accessible to others. Whether you do an online or in-person workshop, it’s totally up to you. Or better yet, shoot a few videos or create a mini-challenge to help spread the word about your business. Just make sure to pick a topic that your ideal audience wants help with. And then pitch your bigger offer at the end (1:1 services or a more comprehensive online course).
Mindset tip: You may feel a bit of imposter syndrome when you’re just getting started teaching. But realize that if you’re passionate about a subject, you’re most likely at least two steps ahead of your ideal audience. So know that you’re providing them value and they’ll be grateful for your help. So pick a topic you know really well, create a small workshop or mini-course, and grow from there.
2. Create an online group. You’re great at connecting one-to-many. So instead of working with people 1:1, you may want to create a group program or an online group (Facebook, for example), where you teach others what you know on a regular basis.
Mindset tip: If you’ve never led a group training before, you may feel a bit overwhelmed at first. But let go of thinking you have to do everything perfectly as things will inevitably go wrong. The more you show up as your true self and go with the flow, the easier it will be and the more people will connect with you.
3. Pitch your presentation to event organizers. Since you’re comfortable speaking in public, why not pitch a presentation topic to some event organizers? This could be in-person or virtual, but it will bring your personality to center stage and shine a light on your strengths. Make sure to have a follow up action for your attendees to take – to book a call with you, download a freebie, etc.
Mindset tip: Even as an extrovert, it’s possible you don’t have a lot of public speaking experience. To make it easier, start small and work your way up to larger audiences. And pick a topic you really know well so that you feel confident. And try to take the focus off of you–the more you make it your mission to serve others and teach them something you know, the less you’ll be worried about the way you come across.
Hi, I'm Agatha Brewer!
I’m a business coach who works with new entrepreneurs to help them get the clarity and confidence to launch and grow their businesses.
I combine over 15 years of corporate marketing experience and my coach training (Whole Person Certified Coach®) to help new business owners move their ideas out of their heads and into reality––getting them clarity around what they want to create, defining their overall vision, helping them set the right strategic foundations (marketing plan) and unraveling any mindset blocks that are standing in their way.
Looking for some ways to grow your biz?
1. Check out The Intentional Solopreneur podcast. I interview both up-and-coming and successful service-based business owners and I’m all about providing you with actionable tips you can implement in your business right away.
2. Hop on a free 30 minute call with me! If you’re ready to grow your business, schedule a quick call with me. We’ll talk about what you’re trying to create in your business and I’ll let you know which program is the best fit for you.
3. Are you looking to jump-start your business? Read more about my 1:1 coaching program for new entrepreneurs. It’s designed to help you set the right strategic and mindset foundations to help you launch or grow your business.