You're an Introverted Storyteller
You’re great at telling powerful stories and connecting one-on-one.
While you’re definitely an introvert and a homebody, that doesn’t mean you can’t grow your business. All while wearing comfy sweatpants and drinking your favorite mug of tea!
Your superpower is that you are really great at telling powerful stories – whether they’re about you or the clients you serve.
Your big challenge? Putting yourself out there and being visible feels hard, and it makes marketing feel really difficult. But once people get to know you, they realize how special you are.
As for your marketing, it’s not about trying every single strategy (thank goodness!), it’s about finding what feels most aligned to your personality and strengths, and doing more of that.
Keep reading for your customized plan
to help you grow your business:
1. Tell your story via podcast or by blogging. While you probably don’t want to be on camera, you can still tell a powerful story via audio or in written form. And doing it this way gives you the freedom to edit your work and stay a bit behind-the-scenes. You can start by writing blogs on your own website to get a bit of practice, but then branch out a bit more and pitch yourself for guest spots on blogs and podcasts to get in front of a bigger audience.
Mindset tip: At first, you may feel a bit reluctant to tell your story because you want want to stay more private or you don’t feel like it’s that unique. But the more you do it, the more you’ll realize that sharing your story serves others by inspiring them and showing them what is possible for them. It also helps you build “know, like and trust” factor quickly.
2. Reach out to people individually. You’re great at connecting one-on-one. So reach out to people you can help and offer them a free strategy or discovery call, where you help them solve a problem and share some insights. Then ask them if they want to hear more about your offer.
Mindset tip: It can be hard to reach out at first, because you may fear rejection or feel like you’ll be judged. But know that when you reach out to a potential client, you’re doing them a favor because you’re helping them solve an issue they’re having. Your bravery to reach out will help get the ball rolling and they’ll be grateful for your help.
3. Think about creating a referral strategy. See if there are business owners serving the same audience as you, but not in exactly the same field. Could you help their clients and vice versa? If so, see if they’d be open to refer people to your services. You could even offer them a small referral fee.
Mindset tip: Reaching out can be scary at first, but know that the people you reach out to will be grateful that you’ve taken the initiative. Other business owners will see it as a win/win since they’re also getting referrals from you.
Hi, I'm Agatha Brewer!
I’m a business coach who works with new entrepreneurs to help them get the clarity and confidence to launch and grow their businesses.
I combine over 15 years of corporate marketing experience and my coach training (Whole Person Certified Coach®) to help new business owners move their ideas out of their heads and into reality––getting them clarity around what they want to create, defining their overall vision, helping them set the right strategic foundations (marketing plan) and unraveling any mindset blocks that are standing in their way.
Looking for some ways to grow your biz?
1. Check out The Intentional Solopreneur podcast. I interview both up-and-coming and successful service-based business owners and I’m all about providing you with actionable tips you can implement in your business right away.
2. Hop on a free 30 minute call with me! If you’re ready to grow your business, schedule a quick call with me. We’ll talk about what you’re trying to create in your business and I’ll let you know which program is the best fit for you.
3. Are you looking to jump-start your business? Read more about my 1:1 coaching program for new entrepreneurs. It’s designed to help you set the right strategic and mindset foundations to help you launch or grow your business.